Facebook’s unification of its user experience across various devices meant unifying its native ad platform was a natural next step. As of September 10th, Facebook updated its ad specs, reducing types of ads in addition to recommending much larger sizes for each ad. It may come as a surprise that Facebook requests that ads be equivalent to the size a designer would use when creating a web page (1200 pixels in width). However, taking into account media spending best practices as well as the evolution of technology, Facebook’s new recommendation is, in fact, intuitive.
Facebook recently introduced new features into its Mobile ad unit which transformed it from being a user-acquisition tool to something much more versatile. By allowing marketers to deep link and use any of eight vertical specific and universal calls-to-action, the Mobile App Ad unit enables brands to drive engagement and sales through their app.
According to ReTargeter, only 2% of shoppers make a purchase during their first visit to an online vendor. “Retargeting” is all about directing the other 98% back to that site to make their purchase. Let’s start with how retargeting works.
A Definitive Guide to Reaching Your Marketing Goals with Facebook covers all of the Facebook ad units and how they are best utilized to achieve your marketing goals. General campaign management tips, that have been used by Ampush, are also shared in this highly engaging presentation.
Last year, Facebook launched mobile app ads to drive installs. These captured the growing number of Facebook mobile users and helped apps stand apart in the crowded marketplace of over 2 million competing products in both the Google Play and Apple App stores. It worked. Mobile app ads led to over 145 million installs this year to date (October 2013). However, brands are finding that increasing discoverability is just the first step in building and maintaining a mobile audience.