Ampush COVID-19 Marketplace Update – 6/16/20
This report covers the COVID period holistically, shifting consumer sentiment, MDW performance, and Blackout Tuesday.
- May exhibited the closest return to pre-COVID19 levels on Facebook since the platform’s disruption in March
- While May CPM’s were still 17% lower compared to Jan-Feb, impression yield (APM*) was only 6% lower. This positive delta helped us drive increased efficiency for Ampush partners with 12% cheaper CPAs.
- The delta also indicates ad dollars are lagging behind consumer purchase intent in a return to normal.
- Google Trends shows “Coronavirus” search rankings leveling off at the end of April
- Blackout Tuesday caused the lowest single-day CPMs of the year, as well as a sizable hangover effect.